Written by Lacey Donaldson
Registered Voter Count
Voter Registration Numbers updated 05/27/14 (Registration Closed 5/20 for Primary Election)
Precincts And Polling Places
Pershing County currently has six (6) precincts. Precinct 1 consists of Upper and Lower Valleys and the Lovelock Indian Colony. Precincts 3 and 4 are within the City of Lovelock. Currently, there is no Precinct 2. Precinct 6 is located in Grass Valley. Precinct 5 consists of the town of Imlay and the surrounding area. Precinct 7 makes up the rest of the County. Precincts 5 and 7 are mail-in precincts.
The Polling Place for Precincts 1, 3, and 4 is located at the Pershing County Community Center, 820 6th Street, Lovelock, Nevada.
The Polling Place for Precinct 6 is located at the Grass Valley Community Center, 13295 Grass Valley Road. Grass Valley, Nevada.
Precincts 5 and 7 vote by mail-in ballot.
Becoming An Election Worker
Election Worker Qualifications:
- Pershing County Registered Voter
- Able to work the entire day of election
- Able to attend any training sessions
Registered voters are encouraged to submit their name to work at the polls on election days (Primary Election 6/10/14; General Election 11/4/14). Workers will be assigned to a polling location and precinct based on vacancies on election boards.
Though Election Day is long, approximately 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., your valuable help and assistance is essential in conducting our elections. Election board workers will receive compensation for this activity. You are also required to attend training sessions.
The Pershing County Clerk’s Office accepts names for election workers from all political parties to fill precinct election boards.
If you are interested in serving as an election worker, please contact Lacey or Rachel at (775) 273-2208.
Filing for Judicial offices opens the first business day in January and closes at 5:00 p.m. on the second Friday in January. Filing for all other County offices opens the first Monday in March and closes at 5:00 p.m. on the second Friday in March.
Fees as listed in this section for filing declarations of candidacy or acceptances of candidacy must be paid to the filing officer by cash, cashier’s check, or money order.
No filing fee may be required from a candidate for an office if the office holder does not receive compensation.
|United States Senator||$500|
|Representative in Congress||$300|
|Justice Of Supreme Court||$300|
|Any State Office Other than Governor or Justice of Supreme Court||$200|
|District Court Judge||$150|
|Justice of the Peace||$100|
|Any County Office (Commissioner, District Attorney, Etc.)||$100|
|Any District Office other than Judge||$30|
|Constable or other Town or Township Office||$30|
Filing As Candidate For Office
Per NRS 293.176 (1), a person may not be a candidate for a partisan office as a candidate of a major or minor political party in the 2014 elections if that person has changed party affiliation on a Voter Registration Application after December 30, 2013.
Candidates for statewide offices and multi-county districts must file with the Secretary of State. Candidates for offices within Pershing County must file in person at the County Clerk ’s Office, 398 Main Street , Lovelock.
When filing for office:
- You will need to bring cash, a cashier’s check or money order to pay the appropriate filing fee, picture identification and proof of residence address.
- The candidate will complete an information sheet, which will contain their mailing address, residence address, e-mail address, phone number, and party affiliation. When this information is verified by staff, a Declaration of Candidacy will be prepared for the Candidate to sign.
- The candidate is required to sign for acceptance of reporting forms and other documents received.
- The candidate will receive the Secretary of State’s 2012 Campaign Guide, Campaign Contributions and Expenses Report information, Acknowledgment of Ethical Standards from the Commission on Ethics, the Nevada Financial Disclosure Statement, Code of Fair Campaign Practices, Political Signs & Your Highways brochure provided by NDOT, and the United States Postal Services information on Designing Political Mail.
Early voting begins the third Saturday preceding a primary or general election and extends through the Friday before election day, excluding all Federal holidays.
The polling place for Early Voting is the Pershing County Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 398 Main Street , Lovelock , NV 89419
Name Or Address Changes
When changing your name on your voter registration you will need to fill out a new application.
Address changes within the county can be done on-line, over the phone, or in person at the Clerk-Treasurer’s office.To change your address on-line, please complete the Change of Address form.
If you have moved and are no longer a resident of Pershing County, please print the following form and mail it to our office. Original signature is required.