Applying for a Marriage License
Written by Lacey Donaldson
- No blood tests required
- No waiting period
- The fee for a Marriage License is $60.00 payable by cash, cashier’s check, or money order. Personal checks and credit cards are NOT accepted. Applications are valid for one year anywhere in the State of Nevada . If you should require a certified copy of your Marriage Certificate, it can be obtained from the Pershing County Recorder for $15.00 and can be requested at the time your marriage license is issued.
- Both parties must present themselves at the Pershing County Clerk’s Office. Appointments are not necessary during regular hours.
- Parental consent is not needed, but proof of age and identification is required for adults 18 and older.
- 16-17 years old; either parent must be present and give their written consent.
- Under 16 requires either parent’s consent AND permission from a Nevada District Court.
- If previously divorced, divorce must be final. Date and place where divorce occurred is required, but it is not necessary to furnish divorce papers.
- Out-of-Country, same rules apply, nothing additional is required. You do not need a marriage license from your country. A Driver’s License or passport are acceptable forms of identification.
- BURNING MAN ceremonies - If you are planning to get married at the Burning Man event by an out-of-state Minister you may obtain your Marriage License anywhere in the State; however, the Minister must apply with this office for permission to perform your ceremony. (Temporary Certificate of Authority to Perform Marriages)