Welcome to the Pershing County Library
Written by Library Web Administrator
Pershing County Library's mission is to serve Pershing County's diverse population by supplying materials in a variety of formats that will provide information, assist in the educational process, allow for self-enrichment and promote lifelong learning. Search the Catalog
- Books, audio books, magazines: 2 weeks
- DVDs and Videocassettes: 4 days
- Reference, microfilm, and newspapers do not circulate
Books may be renewed at the Library's main desk or by telephone (775-273-2216) provided there are no requests for the materials.
Fines and Fees
Patrons are charged for late, damaged or lost materials as follows:
- Books, audio books, magazines, and kits: $.10 per day/per late item with a maximum of $2.00 per item.
- DVDs and Videocassettes: $1.00 per late item.
- Damaged or lost items: Cost of the item + $7.50 administrative fee
The library is not responsible for damages that may occur to equipment in the playing of audio books, DVDs or videocassettes.
Limits on Borrowing
- Patrons may check out 2 videos or DVD's
- New patrons are limited to 2 items at a time for the first month
- As a courtesy reminder, the library sends an overdue notice listing materials that are past their due date
- Patrons are limited to 3 items from the Nevada Room at one time
If Pershing County Library does not own material that a patron would like to borrow, library staff will try to obtain it for them from another library.
- PCL will pay the cost of most interlibrary loans
Most new library materials are not available for interlibrary loan for 6 months
Cooperative Libraries Automated Network (CLAN) Pershing County Library has been a member of CLAN since 1984. CLAN is now all of Nevada except for Clark County, Washoe County, and the University of Nevada Library System. Through CLAN, we have access to books, audiobooks, and movies from other libraries throughout the state.
Page 1 of 12