Schedule of Fees
- 1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 33.017 to 33.100, inclusive, each justice of the peace shall charge and collect the following fees:
- a. On the commencement of any action or proceedings in the justice court, other than in actions commenced pursuant to Chapter 73 of the NRS, to be paid by the party commencing the action:
If the sum claimed does not exceed $2,500 $51.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $2,501 but does not exceed $5,000 $101.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $5,001 but does not exceed $10,000 $176.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $10,001 but does not exceed $15,000 $251.00
In all other civil actions $51.00* In a civil action for unlawful detainer pursuant to NRS 40.290 to 40.420, inclusive, in which a notice to quit has been served pursuant to NRS 40.255 $226.00*
- b. For the preparation and filing of an affidavit and order in an action commenced under Chapter 73 of the NRS.
If the sum claimed does not exceed $1,000 $46.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $1,000 but does not exceed $2,500 $66.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $2,500 but does not exceed $5,000 $86.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $5,000 but does not exceed $7,500 $126.00* If the sum claimed exceeds $7,500 but does not exceed $10,000 $176.00*
- c. On appearance of any defendant, or any number of defendants answering jointly, to be paid by the defendant or defendants on on filing the first paper in the action, or at the time of appearance:
In all civil actions $51.00* For every additional defendant, appearing separately $26.00*
- d. No fee may be charged where a defendant or defendants appear in response to an affidavit and order issued under the provisions of Chapter 73 of the NRS.
- e. For the filing of any paper in intervention: $26.00*
- f. For the issuance of any writ of attachment, writ of garnishment, writ of execution, or any other writ designed to enforce any judgment or order of the Court: $26.00*
- g. For the issuance of any writ of restitution: $76.00*
- h. For filing a notice of appeal, and appeal bonds: $26.00
One charge only may be made if both papers are filed at the same time.
- i. For issuing supersedeas to a writ designed to enforce a judgment or order of the court: $26.00*
- j. For preparation and transmittal of transcript and papers on appeal: $25.00
- k. For celebrating a marriage and returning the certificate to the County Recorder: $ 75.00 (Cash Only)
- l. For entering judgment by confession: $51.00*
- m. For preparing any copy of any record, proceedings or paper, for each page: $0.50
- n. For each certificate of the clerk, under the seal of the court: $3.00
- o. For searching records or files per name, for each year: $1.00
- p. For filing and processing each bail or property bond : $50.00
NRS 4.065 Additional fees: Imposition; disposition of proceeds.
*1. The justice of the peace shall, on the commencement of any action or proceeding in the justice court for which a fee is required, and on the answer or appearance of any defendant in any such action or proceeding for which a fee is required, charge and collect a fee of $1 from the party commencing, answering or appearing in the action or proceeding. These fees are in addition to any other fee required by law.
- Credit Card Convenience Fee: $3.95 per transaction
- FTA late fee: $25.00
- FTA warrant fee: $200.00
- FTP late fee: $25.00
- FTP warrant fee: $200