Big Meadows Recycling Center
Barb Rackley, Facilitator
The Big Meadow Recycling Center is located in the heart of Lovelock, on the corner of Franklin and 8th Street. A self serve facility, residents can pull into the facility in their vehicles, get out and sort their recyclables into the appropriate bins and then be on their merry way. We do not have staff to sort for you, so be prepared to spend a few minutes putting your items in the bins yourself.
Accepted Materials for RecyclingThe following items are accepted at the Big Meadow Recycling Center:
- Tin Cans, aluminum foil, foil baking containers
- Soda, beer, and juice cans
- Cardboard (Must be broken down, styrofoam packing materials are not accepted)
- Glossy print (Such as magazines)
- Office paper (Please bag shredded paper)
- Household-use plastic containers (Lids are okay) and grocery bags or similar sorted into the labeled bins,
We LOVE and appreciate our volunteers! Without them there would not be a recycling center in Lovelock.
New volunteers are always welcome, please ask a volunteer on duty for contact information, or call (775) 720-9179. Volunteering at the recycling center is actually fun, everyone that uses the facility is so friendly, time just flies while you are there due to the socializing.
Volunteers are responsible for opening and closing the facility, greeting residents, tracking the daily number of users, answering questions and any other duties that the volunteer wants to take on.
Please check out our Facebook page for more information and views into the operations of our facility. We also monitor the page for messages and will reply back to you.