Welcome to the Pershing County Library
Pershing County Library's mission is to serve Pershing County's diverse population by supplying materials in a variety of formats that will provide information, assist in the educational process, allow for self-enrichment and promote lifelong learning.
- Books, audio books, magazines: 2 weeks
- DVDs and Blu-ray discs: 4 days
- Reference, microfilm, and newspapers do not circulate
Books may be renewed at the Library's main desk or by telephone at (775) 273-2216 provided there are no requests for the materials. Patrons may also contact the library staff to set up online renewals using their library card and a password.
Fines and Fees
Patrons are charged for late, damaged or lost materials as follows:
- Books, audio books, magazines, and kits: $.10 per day/per late item with a maximum of $2.00 per item.
- DVDs and Blu-ray discs: $1.00 per late item.
- Damaged or lost items: Cost of the item + $7.50 administrative fee
The library is not responsible for damages that may occur to equipment in the playing of audio books, DVDs or Blu-ray discs.
Limits on Borrowing
- Patrons may check out 3 DVDs or Blu-ray discs
- New patrons are limited to 2 items at a time for the first month, then the limit increases to 20
- As a courtesy reminder, the library sends an overdue notice listing materials that are past their due date
- Patrons are limited to 3 items from the Nevada Room at one time
If Pershing County Library does not own material that a patron would like to borrow, library staff will try to obtain it for them from another library.
- PCL will pay the cost of most interlibrary loans
- Most new library materials are not available for interlibrary loan for 6 months
Cooperative Libraries Automated Network (CLAN)
Pershing County Library has been a member of CLAN since 1984. CLAN is now all of Nevada except for Clark County, Washoe County, and the University of Nevada Library System. Through CLAN, we have access to books, audio books, and movies from other libraries throughout the state.
Contact UsPershing County Library
1125 Central Ave.
P.O. Box 781
Lovelock, NV 89419
P: (775) 273-2216
F: (775) 273-0421
Monday through Friday
10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays.
Visit us on Facebook!
The following links will open in a new window.